The suspect died in 1996..and unless there's new evidence I wouldn't consider it exactly "solved"...
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - Authorities in South Florida planned to announce on Tuesday that they've finally solved the 1981 killing of a little boy whose father later gained fame as the host of "America's Most Wanted."
Hollywood police scheduled a news conference to close the case of the abduction and homicide of 6-year-old Adam Walsh.
Adam's parents, John and Reve Walsh, long ago derided the investigation as botched. Both were expected to attend the news conference.
The boy went missing from a Hollywood mall on July 27, 1981. Fishermen discovered his severed head in a canal 120 miles away two weeks later. The rest of his body was never found.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28257294/
The suspect died in 1996..and unless there's new evidence I wouldn't consider it exactly "solved"...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Must have been, Walsh is giving a press conference right now.
The suspect confessed back when it happened, but the police dismissed it because he also confessed to other murders the police said they knew he didn't commit. Seems they've changed their minds, but according to what I've read there's next to no evidence left to support the claim - no DNA to test - evidence lost.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Same thing I read on CNN earlier...he confessed and withdrew his confession twice..and police had already discarded evidence.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
There must be something that they haven't released. After 27 years, I don't think they'd just say "Okay, he did it", Walsh was crying and talking about how relieved he was. From what I read the reason it was dismissed was because the body hadn't been found and wasn't where he said it was and over time the evidence was thrown away.
It's not solved just closed
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
"Authorities in South Florida planned to announce on Tuesday that they've finally solved the 1981 killing of a little boy"
Or solved.
Some articles are saying "closed" some are saying "solved" some are saying "suspect named"
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some articles are saying "closed" some are saying "solved" some are saying "suspect named"
</div></div>
Some could give a [censored] less.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Bookmarks